- Lockdown: Used for interior threats of violence; all doors are locked until cleared by law enforcement. Students are held in a safe and secure area.
- Hold-and-Secure: Used for security threats; entrance doors are locked until the situation is resolved.
- Shelter-in-Place: Used for environmental emergencies; occupants retreat to safe zones.
- Evacuation: Students and staff relocate to alternate locations if necessary.
- Dismissal: Students are released to parents/legal guardians or emergency contacts, following specific procedures.
Parent-Child Reunion Procedures:
- A reunion area is established, and the location will then be communicated during an emergency through parent communication channels.
- Students are released only to authorized legal guardians or emergency contacts listed on Emergency Contact Cards.
*Please note that requirements may change in unforeseen circumstances.
Important note during an emergency:
- DO NOT call the school or your child's cell phone during an emergency; please avoid overloading systems or compromising student/staff safety.
- Emergency notifications will be sent via School Website, Parent Communication, and *Social Media (*situation dependent).
Emergency Situation Protocols may be altered on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Superintendent of Schools or acting Superintendent.