Dental Office Assistant - New program begins September 2019
- 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or 70% in English Language Arts 30-2 (may be co-requisite if student has equivalent 20-level marks)
- 65% in High School Prep Mathematics (MATH1905) or 50% in Mathematics 10-3
- Current and after-grad students who are less than 20 years old on Sept 1 of the current school year
There are no tuition costs however a deposit of $450 is required. Some programs require immunizations which are at the student's expense. Courses such as Blood Borne Pathogens, First Aid, WHMIS, and volunteerism will be provided at no cost for high school credit. Students may be required to purchase their own scrubs.
This is a BYOD program. Students should have a computer to hold their course software (some laptop computers may be available for students to borrow.) Students are responsible to get themselves to and from class. Daily transportation is not provided however some arrangements may be possible for the required field trips to the Edmonton campus.
· Sept—Dec: In class for two high school blocks each morning with face to face instruction.
· Feb—June: on-line however high school students will be required to check in for attendance to an assigned block (TBA) during the second semester.
Occasional mandatory field trips to NorQuest downtown campus.
· 4-week practicum placement following course completion.For further information contact Mr. Cote at 780-960-0475 or firstname.lastname@example.org