Inclusive Education, as defined by Alberta Education in their publication Setting the Direction Framework (June 2009), is "a way of thinking and acting that demonstrates universal acceptance of, and belonging for, all students..."
Evergreen Catholic School Division is committed to providing each school site with a part-time Inclusive Education Coordinator. The mission of this role is to ensure that all students have the supports and accommodations they require in order to successfully achieve to their potential. Collaborating with parents and teachers, along with outside agencies, students may be supported in a variety of ways.
Mrs. Wujcik is our Inclusive Education Coordinator. She will work as an integral part of our Student Services team, which includes our Counselor, Mrs. Johns, as well as our administrators, to implement many important supports for our students, such as:
- Determine programming needs of student.
- Collaborate with teachers and parents to form Individualized Program Plans (IPP)
- Refer for services such as Occupational Therapy (OT), Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP), Family-School Liaison Workers (FSLW), Mental Health clinic
- Facilitate implementation and use of Assistive Technology
- Advocate for students
- Administer academic assessments
- Provide resources for teachers and parents
"Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or in the same way." ~George Evans