- Mon. 20 May, 2013 (All day)
- Fri. 24 May, 2013 (5:00 pm - 12:00 am)
- Fri. 31 May, 2013 (7:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
- Sat. 1 Jun, 2013 (5:00 pm - 12:00 am)
- Mon. 10 Jun, 2013 (3:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
Parkland Transportation Student Surcharge: Please click the link below for information regarding a new student transportation surcharge for the upcoming school year:
Additional information will be sent to all parents in the coming weeks.
All buses are operating today for students in Evergreen Catholic Schools.
During the winter, please continue to check this site for updated information.
Unless otherwise announced, all Evergreen Catholic Schools will remain open.
Evergreen Catholic Schools purchases student transportation through contracts with
Pembina Hills Transportation, Grande Yellowhead Transportation, Beaupre Bus Service and
Parkland Transportation. Click to view Parkland Transportation's bus schedule
When the safety of transporting bus students is at risk because of weather conditions, the Superintendent of Schools, in consultation with the Managers of Transportation, may choose to suspend school bus services.
Weather guidelines that support the decision:
Wind-chill of approximately -50° C
Visibility of less than 1 kilometre
Impassable rural roads
Temperature of -40° C
The final decision to send a child to the bus stop or to school rests with parents, even though buses may be operational. Parents should ensure that students are dressed appropriately while travelling to and from school during inclement weather conditions. The temperatures on a school bus can drop dramatically in the event of mechanical problems.
Parents are responsible for listening to the designated radio stations to receive the correct information with regard to school closures or bus cancellations.
For Devon, Spruce Grove and Stony Plain, listen to any of the following radio stations: CBC, CFCW, CFRN, CHED, CHQT, JOE FM, Global, K-97, 96X, or The BEAR.
For Westlock, listen to: 97.9 FM The Range.
For Hinton, listen to The FOX.
Please note that transportation updates will be posted by 6:00 am and then updated by 2:00 pm during times of inclement weather.
Statement of Responsibility
Evergreen Catholic Schools has a statutory obligation to provide for the transportation of its resident pupils to and from the school it has directed them to attend if the parent of the student resides at a distance greater than 2.4 kilometers from the site of that school.
For detailed information on the Policy Statement, Guidelines and Procedures relating to transportation, please visit the Policy Manual.
For more information contact:
Mr. Mike Paonessa,
Bus Service contact details
Evergreen Catholic Schools serves the communities of Devon, Hinton, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain and Westlock (Click here to see a map of the area) and contracts the following organizations to provide bus services to and from our schools. If you have any questions regarding the routes, times, maps, boundaries, please call the appropriate contact person below:
For Spruce Grove and Stony Plain:
Brian Hauptman Telephone: (780) 963-8452
Parkland Transportation Fax: (780) 963-4796
Tracy Meunier Telephone: (780) 674-8500
Pembina Hills Transportation Fax: (780) 674-3262
In town routes only - Beaupre Bus Lines: 1 (800) 762-2356
Gail Prokopchuk Telephone: (780) 723-8053
Grande Yellowhead Regional Division No. 35
Rules for Student Conduct on School Buses
1. The school bus is considered an extension of the classroom and, therefore, classroom conduct must be observed at all times.
2. The bus driver is responsible for the students on the bus and must, therefore, receive the respect, consideration and cooperation of each student.
3. Students shall be assigned seats and shall remain in that seat while on the bus.
4. Students are not to attempt to get on or off the bus, or move inside the bus while the vehicle is in motion.
5. Students are expected to be on time. The bus will not wait in the morning for students who are not at the pick-up point at the scheduled time.
6. Students are expected to go promptly to their bus after school is dismissed or when their bus is scheduled to leave school. Buses will wait for seven (7) minutes after dismissal for loading. Students transferring to a second bus must not leave the transfer bus stop area while waiting.
7. Students must ride their designated scheduled bus. Junior high students for example are not allowed to ride on the later elementary bus.
8. Apart from ordinary conversation, classroom conduct is to be observed while riding the bus.
9. Eating on the bus is at the discretion of the driver; however if the bus is not kept clean the privilege will be withdrawn.
10. While leaving the bus, students shall observe the directions of the driver.
11. Skates may be taken on the bus only if the blades are covered by guards.
12. Students shall leave equipment in the area designated by the driver. The driver may refuse to carry large items that obstruct aisles or doors or be a danger in any way. Skateboards are not allowed on the school bus.
13. Any student violating bus regulations shall be reported by the driver to the Principal of the school that he/she attends as soon as possible. The Principal has the authority to suspend or recommend permanent withdrawal of the bus privileges subject to the provisions of the School Act.
14. The following activities are prohibited:
.Unnecessary conversation with the driver;
.Extending any part of the body out of the window;
.Possessing alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs;
.Using profane language;
.Throwing any items;
.Smoking on the bus; and